These no-bake energy balls will be your favorite healthy snack. Sticky, sweet, and studded with chocolate chips, energy balls taste like little balls of cookie dough, but they’re made with simple, wholesome ingredients. They’re super-quick and easy to make in the food processor, and they keep for weeks in the freezer or fridge.
Ingredients for Energy Balls
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup well-stirred creamy natural almond butter
- 10 soft dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor, place the oat flour, walnuts, almond butter, dates, vanilla, water, and salt. Pulse until the mixture sticks together when pinched. If it’s too crumbly, pulse in more water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips. Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop and roll into balls.
- Store extra energy balls in the fridge. They also freeze well. To thaw, leave them at room temperature until soft.
More healthy recipes here.
More information about benefits from almonds, you can read on the website of National Library of Medicine.