Fried Brussels sprouts in this recipe, supplemented perfectly with bacon. Anyone who doesn’t love Brussels sprouts will change their mind after tasting them in this recipe.
Brussels sprouts are offering a high concentration of minerals, vitamins, and bioactive substances while providing a low-fat content, are considered to be plant-based products with health-promoting effects on the human body. Their consumption at a minimum level of five portions per week is recommended to complement the balanced diet of adults.
- 500g small brussels sprouts, halved, outer leaves discarded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 8 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Blanch the brussels sprouts in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until fork-tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until it begins to crisp. Add the garlic and almonds, then cook, stirring, for a further minute. After the brussels sprouts and toss for 2-3 minutes to warm through. Remove from heat, stir in the parsley, then serve.
Nutritional value (per serve)
- Calories 403 kcal.
- Proteins 16.3 gr.
- Fats 33.6 gr.
- Carbohydrates 13.6 gr.