Greek salad is a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and peppers, dressing with olive oil. The key component of the salad is the cheese – traditional Greek cheese – feta from sheep or goat’s milk. The salad has low calorie and very useful fatty acids.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, more for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1 cucumber, cut lengthwise, seeded, and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 5 ounces feta cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes*
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup pitted olives
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves
Nutritional value (per 100 grams):
- Calories: 89.8 kcal.
- Proteins: 2.9 gr.
- Fats: 6.5 gr.
- Carbohydrates: 3.9 gr.