This black bean and corn salad is ideal for busy people, refreshing in summer and energizing in winter. The salad can be made up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- 1 cup (0.24 l) quinoa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (0.24 l) cooked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook the quinoa in a medium saucepan of boiling well-salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well in a sieve.
- While the quinoa cooks, stir together the onions, jalapeño, olive oil, lime juice and cumin in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the warm quinoa to the dressing, along with the black beans, corn and cilantro. Toss gently to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional value (per 100 grams)
- Calories 195 kcal.
- Proteins 7.2 gr.
- Fats 6.6 gr.
- Carbohydrates 29.2 gr.