Our body is 70% water, 2/3 of that volume is inside the cells and 1/3 of that is in the intercellular space. If there is no balance we have water retention in our body, then in the intercellular space the volume of water becomes larger. We usually learn about them by looking in the mirror in the morning or by wearing shoes on our feet.
There are many reasons for this water imbalance, but let’s look at the main.
Causes of Edema
- High water consumption;
- Unbalanced diet: excessive intake of salty and sharp foods;
- Sedentary work leads to stagnation of blood and water retention in the lower body;
- Intoxication with alcohol, drugs. The body specially pumps water into the tissues to remove the toxin from the body;
- Kidney problems. The main symptoms are constant swelling under the eyes and in the legs, you need to consult a doctor;
- Heart Disease. If you have a shortness of breath, blue complexion, evening swelling in your feet – it may be symptoms of serious diseases, so you definitely need a doctor’s consultation.
- Some women have premenstrual syndrome. One of its symptoms is water retention associated with hormone work in the body;
- During pregnancy, there may be swelling in the third semester. They arise due to increased load on the kidneys, hormones also disturb the water-salt balance, and the uterus squeezes the veins in the abdomen.
How to Remove Edema
If edema appears regularly, consult a doctor. It is important to understand that this is not a symptom of serious diseases.
Excluding diseases and pregnancy. In all other cases, fitness and balanced nutrition and cosmetic procedures will help us to fight water retention in the body.
1. Balanced nutrition
- Follow a low-salt, low-sugar, low-spicy diet. In most cases, salt food is responsible for the appearance of edema. The daily salt rate is 5-6 gr. You have to consider that salt is in all ready-made products that you consume.
- Consume more potassium. This element eliminates water from the body. Potassium rich foods are bananas and dried fruits.
- Follow the drinking schedule. On average, a person loses about 600 ml of water a day with sweat and breath and another 1.5 liters with urine. If you drink less than 1.5 liters of water a day, the body will start to save and store this water in the intracellular space, creating edema.
The daily water consumption rate is 30 ml per 1 kg of human weight.
Here you can find healthy recipes.
The whole body activates with regular physical exercises: body temperature rises, muscles warm up, tissue breathing improves. Not only sweat, but also salt and uric acid leave through the pores of the skin. The body cleaned of toxins, excess water excreted and swelling reduced.
Here are the best tips for regular fitness life.
3. Beauty Treatments
Cosmetic procedures help to remove edema, after intoxication of the body. Lymph drainage and vacuum massages have proven themselves. Oils with lifting effect used for massage.
The sauna removes perfectly excess water and toxins from the body. During the procedure, the body warms up, blood, and lymph circulation increases. The result is that extra water comes out with sweat and cleanses the pores and the body.
More information about edema on the website of National Library of Medicine.
Brand “M3 Naturals” offers a massage oil for problem areas with cellulite. Anti-Cellulite Massage Oil will help moisturize, tighten, tone and remove cellulite from your hips, abdomen, thighs, and buttocks. Super absorption and natural active ingredients mean that you can toss those chemical creams that absorb slowly and leave a residue.
Brand “Honey Dew” offers a Body Cream with caffeine. The cream uses the benefits of invigorating caffeine to tone your skin, minimizing the appearance of cellulite while beautifying your skin with body moisturizers like shea and cocoa butter.
Brand “Advanced Clinicals” offers a Body Cream with caffeine. The cream contains an extract of green coffee beans that help tone the skin. Due to the deep penetration into the skin structure, the cream helps to fight cellulite, reduces water retention.