After 40 years, a woman’s body becomes more vulnerable due to hormonal changes, and you absolutely need these Best Workout Tips from us.
The efficiency of internal organs reduced and there are changes in the metabolic process in the body. The result of this malfunction are the deterioration in health, extra pounds and skin problems.
Physical activity will help to avoid all the undesirable consequences of this age. The main thing is to start training never late, it is important to train correctly and consider age changes.
Workout Tips for Types of training
All exercises in training should be directly dependent on the physical health of the woman. The increase in workouts should be gradual.
Anaerobic (Strength) workouts
Strength training is a workout with extra weight and exercise machines. The reduction of a woman’s sex hormones after the age of 40 leads to reduced muscle mass, thinning of the bone structure and osteoporosis.
Strength training and sufficient protein in the diet reduce these risks and help strengthen muscles and bones.
Aerobic (Cardio) workouts
Aerobic (cardio) training includes running, walking, cycling, swimming, dancing, aerobics, cardio training with machines. Cardio training strengthens the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, helps to lose weight and improves body endurance.
Stretching supports ligament flexibility and joint mobility. Pilates, yoga, aerobics are good for that. Before starting the class, you need to learn the technique of exercise and know your physical abilities.
World Health Organization recommends
- At least 2 times a week, perform strength exercises on major muscle groups;
- A minimum of 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity aerobics, or at least 75 minutes a week of high-intensity aerobics;
- A minimum of 3 sessions a week to focus on balance training;
If you combine these recommendations, it is enough to do strength training in the gym three times a week and do 20 minutes of cardio and stretching after each session. On days off from training, you can go to the pool or go for a long walk.
Workout Tips for Strength training
- Work out all muscle groups during training;
- Avoid axial load on the spine (squat, deadlift, standing press). Age changes make the spine vulnerable, so try to do exercises in sitting and lying position;
- Do foot press instead of squat, preferably do lever or traction horizontal unit. During exercises, instead of traction in the tilt, do lever or thrust horizontal block. Work out the back of the thigh with hyperextension and leg flexion in the exercise machine;
- You should start the training with prefatigue of the muscles. First work out the small muscle groups: at the beginning, an isolated load on the muscles given, then the main exercise performed, and the load placed on the tireless muscles. This training allows work the whole muscle group with less weight and with less risk to joints and ligaments. Example: before pressing the feet, you should stretch or bend the legs.
Workout Tips for Cardio training
- It is better to start with 10 minutes of cardio immediately after strength training, then gradually increasing the time to 20–30 minutes;
- On some days, you can only do cardio and then start from 20 to 30 minutes, gradually increasing the time to 60 minutes;
- It is better to abandon intense jumping training, step – aerobics, running on the asphalt. Hormonal changes in the body reduce bone density, and the ankle is the most vulnerable part in aerobics;
- Intensive interval cardio workout is good for the body. But if you’re new at this, you need to be careful about this kind of training. For example, start with four moderate run intervals for a minute and a quick walk for 3 minutes. With each workout, increase your running time or speed and shorten your walking time;
Workout Tips for Stretching
- Always stretch muscles after workout;
- Do 1-3 exercises for each muscle group. The larger the muscle group – the more exercise;
- Perform stretching slowly and gradually with smooth movements, stopping in the final position for 15 to 20 seconds;
Training is a long-term thing
Get ready for long-term training. Workout Tips in 20 years and in 40 years are different, as well as the capabilities of your body, so you should have realistic expectations. After 2 months of your training, you will see the results as losing fat mass, better posture and general well-being, of course, with the healthy diet, sleep, and stress control.
Equipment for Workouts
Brand “BalanceFrom” offers a Mat for yoga exercises. With double-sided non-slip surfaces, BalanceFrom all-purpose premium exercise, yoga mat comes with an excellent slip resistant advantage to prevent injuries.
Brand “Tone Fitness” offers an Aerobic Step Platform. This bench accommodates users of all fitness levels to help build endurance, strength and improve overall fitness.
Brand “CHAMPYA” offers an exercise ball set for workouts. You can do your workouts at home. This Yoga Ball includes handles, 40lb resistance bands & a full gym-sized Ball for the ultimate home-workout.